I jsut got an email from the incomparable Jennifer Batten and she said that Carina is currently in Steve Vai's studio working on a new CD. Jennifer should have a new CD out next year, as she's finally finished mixing two songs for it.
I've spent the last few days looking for obscure guitar players and found this incredible player from Argentina. Her name is Carina Alfie. I've been able to find one CD, "Transmission" on ebay. Check out the link to her discography and mp3's
Discography
I jsut got an email from the incomparable Jennifer Batten and she said that Carina is currently in Steve Vai's studio working on a new CD. Jennifer should have a new CD out next year, as she's finally finished mixing two songs for it.
hmmmm....maybe you can start a fan club and be the president eventually working your way into the group, taking over the manager spot and kicking it big time in the record business!
You just got an email from Jennifer Batten???
Whoa.... she's awesome!!!! I've got some live concert footage of her playing with Jeff Beck that is mind boggling!!
Jennifer is in Cananda right now. She's finished mixing two songs from a CD that she hopes to have out early next year. She said hopefully when she gets back to the states she'll be able to get some audio clips up on
Jennifer's page
Yeah, there are some great clips of her and Beck from the concert in 1999 on youtube. It was shot for Japanese TV, but you can find copies of it on ebay.
if you like female shredders, you might want to check out
Lori Linstruth
I feel the urge to pimp some of our guitarist from up here in Qu?bec.
You can hear Steve Hill on
http://www.steve-hill.net/
St?phane Dufour only got one album out called Distortion (he is a guitar player for one of our rocker up here called Eric Lapointe) He sounds a bit like Zack Wylde . You can hear his version of in the mood (copy the link)
mms://media2.pqm-tv.net/alogia/diffyfb/sdufour/dy24505-inthemood-fr-a96.wma
or buy his album on Amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/Distortion-Step...UTF8&s=gateway
[img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 05, 2006 09:57 AM: Message edited by: *PORTHOS* ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just love how you always are able to pimp Quebec in every thread!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] (j'aime vraiment ca en passant!)Originally posted by *PORTHOS*:
I feel the urge to pimp some of our guitarist from up here in Qu?bec.
You can hear Steve Hill on
http://www.steve-hill.net/
St?phane Dufour only got one album out called Distortion (he is a guitar player for one of our rocker up here called Eric Lapointe) He sounds a bit like Zack Wylde . You can hear his version of in the mood (copy the link)
mms://media2.pqm-tv.net/alogia/diffyfb/sdufour/dy24505-inthemood-fr-a96.wma
or buy his album on Amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/Distortion-Step...UTF8&s=gateway
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
thought I'd post this pic of Lori Linstruth just for fun
![]()
Bookmarks